France to provide Rs67b to Punjab govt for dam construction
Managing Director Water and Sanitation Agency Syed Zahid Aziz in a statement said France will also provide technical assistance besides financial assistance for the project.
The dam will be constructed at Mehmood Booti for storing rainwater, keeping in view the increasing water needs.
Syed Zahid Aziz said the stored water will be provided to people after cleaning it through treatment plants.
He said after completion of the project, WASA will be able to get about 25 percent of surface water besides groundwater, France will also make an investment of Rs 30 billion for changing old and rusty water supply lines in the provincial metropolis, he added.
- Hundreds flock to celebrate birthday of Holy Prophet at Iraq’s ...03:38 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan Navy thwarts Indian submarine’s intrusion bid: ISPR (VIDEO)02:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Bill Gates was warned against sending ‘flirty’ emails to a female ...01:34 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto reveals her son's name09:41 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021