PM Imran assures exemplary punishment for guilty in Sahiwal shooting
On his twitter account, the Prime Minister vowed to review and initiate reform process over the entire structure of Punjab police.
The grief & anger of the ppl of Pak on Sahiwal incident is understandable & justified. I assure the nation that when I return from Qatar not only will the guilty be given exemplary punishment but I will review the entire structure of Punjab police & start process of reforming it.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) January 21, 2019
“The grief & anger of the ppl (people) of Pak (Pakistan) on Sahiwal incident is understandable & justified. I assure the nation that when I return from Qatar, not only will the guilty be given exemplary punishment, but I will review the entire structure of Punjab police & start process of reforming it,” he added.
In an earlier series of tweets, PM Imran had said the surviving children would be looked after by the state. He vowed swift action against the officials involved once the JIT report is compiled.
Sahiwal killings: Pakistani lawyers go on strike ... 02:53 PM | 21 Jan, 2019
ISLAMABAD – The Punjab Bar Council (PBC) condemned the so-called encounter of Counter Terrorism Department (CTD), in ...
Four people including three members of a family were killed in an alleged encounter in Sahiwal on Saturday. CTD personnel said they had killed a local commander of militant organisation Daesh and three others in the operation. However, eyewitnesses and three children, whose parents were killed, disputed the claim.
The killings were witnessed by surviving members of the family: three minors.
The initial post-mortem report revealed driver Zeeshan sustained 10 bullets, the parents Mohmmad Khalil and Nabeela Bibi received 13 and four bullets while Areeba sustained six. From the survivors, Umair sustained one bullet in his right leg while Muneeba’s hand was injured when the bullets shattered the car’s glass.
The Punjab government termed the deaths as “collateral damage”. Provincial Law Minister Raja Basharat said the tragedy occurred during the CTD team’s attempt to eliminate a suspected terrorist planning a terrorist act.
- PSL6, Match 8 – Karachi Kings to face Multan Sultans today11:00 AM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan shall respond with full might to defend motherland: DG ISPR10:25 AM | 27 Feb, 2021
- PM Imran congratulates nation, salutes Pakistan Armed Forces on ...10:05 AM | 27 Feb, 2021
- ‘Surprise Day’ – Nation celebrates Feb 27 as tribute to PAF's ...09:38 AM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Covid-19: Pakistan reports 1,315 new cases, 33 deaths08:40 AM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Quetta Gladiators' Chris Gayle takes on Shalwar Challenge in Pakistan05:16 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Lady Gaga offers $500,000 for her stolen French dogs04:29 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Atif Aslam releases teaser for his upcoming song Raat02:55 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021