Govt pursuing foreign policy with futuristic approach, says Sartaj Aziz
In an interview, he said non-interference, protecting sovereignty and growth of trade and economy are among the main objectives of foreign policy.
He added that with the launching of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor, enhanced cooperation with China, Central Asian Republics, the Russian Federation and other countries had become an attainable reality.
He said progress on regional projects like Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India gas pipeline and Central-Asia South-Asia CASA-1000 had also enhanced Pakistan's position in the region.
He said that Pakistan had close and brotherly relations with countries like Saudi Arabia and Iran.
Aziz added that India wanted hegemony in the South Asian region, but Pakistan had never accepted these aspirations of its rival and would continue to protect its sovereignty.
He said Pakistan had never backtracked from its stand of holding a composite dialogue with India simultaneously on all outstanding issues, including Jammu and Kashmir.
- 'Neelofar' starring Fawad, and Mahira gets a release date08:54 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Punjab police to take over Banigala's security after Gill’s arrest08:10 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan braces for more rains under new monsoon spell07:18 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani PM hails UAE investment in phone call with Emirate ruler06:44 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Eshal Fayyaz gives befitting reply to trolls for moral policing05:58 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Adeel Chaudhry spills the beans on his wedding plans05:06 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Natasha Ali Lakhani wins hearts with latest video02:05 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022