Govt pursuing foreign policy with futuristic approach, says Sartaj Aziz
In an interview, he said non-interference, protecting sovereignty and growth of trade and economy are among the main objectives of foreign policy.
He added that with the launching of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor, enhanced cooperation with China, Central Asian Republics, the Russian Federation and other countries had become an attainable reality.
He said progress on regional projects like Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India gas pipeline and Central-Asia South-Asia CASA-1000 had also enhanced Pakistan's position in the region.
He said that Pakistan had close and brotherly relations with countries like Saudi Arabia and Iran.
Aziz added that India wanted hegemony in the South Asian region, but Pakistan had never accepted these aspirations of its rival and would continue to protect its sovereignty.
He said Pakistan had never backtracked from its stand of holding a composite dialogue with India simultaneously on all outstanding issues, including Jammu and Kashmir.
- SSGC General Manager terminated for harassing female employees02:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Blast derails passenger train in Balochistan’s Sibi, several injured01:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Indian PM Modi trolled over teleprompter faux pas during WEF speech ...01:22 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- vivo V23e now available in 128GB version01:03 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Sajal Aly's brother pens a beautiful birthday message for his sister10:06 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Nora Fatehi flaunts her ultra glam look in latest clicks05:34 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Sania Mirza all praise for the lovely bond between Anushka Sharma and ...07:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021