Benazir Bhutto’s 63rd birth anniversay being observed today
Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) has arranged different functions to commemorate the event across the country, while also making arrangements for a central ceremony to be held at Garhi Khuda Bux.
Quran Khuwani and Dua will also be held at Bhutto House, Naudero, where an Iftar-dinner will also be held for guests.
Pakistan People's Party (PPP) Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, Bakhtawar Bhutto Zardari, Sindh Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah, Leader of the Opposition in National Assemble Syed Khursheed Ahmed and others will attend the function.
Workers of Pakistan Peoples Party will donate blood across the country to honor their brave leader, which would be given to injured soldiers of the armed forces in war against terrorism and patient welfare societies.
A statement issued by PPP said: "Benazir Bhutto will stay alive in the hearts of the people of Pakistan and she will never die. Her services rendered for the promotion of democracy will always be remembered."
Benazir Bhutto was killed in a firing incident followed by a bomb blast at Rawalpindi's Liaquat Bagh in December 2007. The blast hit when she was traveling towards a public rally in Rawalpindi in the run-up to the 2008 general elections, which her party won by a landslide.
- Debt-ridden journalist hangs himself after being fired01:51 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Indian 'Gutka Man' who sparks meme fest says ‘I wasn't eating ...01:07 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan rejects RSS chief's provocative, irresponsible remarks on ...12:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- KMC launches drive-in cinema in Karachi’s Clifton11:56 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Local Government Amendment bill passed amid ruckus in Sindh Assembly11:28 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistani stars heartbroken after rare white lion dies at Karachi Zoo05:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Latest video of TikTok star Alishbah Anjum’s takes the internet by ...03:57 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Hania Aamir's new dance video goes viral03:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021