Pakistan strongly condemns Kashmiri leader Mir Hafeezullah's assassination in IOK
According to Kashmir Media Service, the Indian armed agents barged into the house of Mir Hafeezullah in Achabal area of Islamabad district and opened indiscriminate fire, injuring him and his wife. They were rushed to the nearby hospital where doctors declared Mir Hafeezullah as brought dead.
Foreign Office Spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal on his Twitter handle wrote, "Pakistan strongly condemns the brutal assassination of Kashmiri leader Hafizullah Mir".
#Pakistan strongly condemns the brutal assassination of Kashmiri leader Hafizullah Mir and the continuing indian atrocities in IOK including the killing of 3 Kashmiris & injuries to 8 others, including 3 girls yesterday by Indian occupation forces #Kashmirbleeds (1/2)— Spokesperson 🇵🇰 MoFA (@ForeignOfficePk) November 21, 2018
He also slammed "the continuing Indian atrocities in IOK including the killing of 3 Kashmiris & injuries to 8 others, including 3 girls yesterday by Indian occupation forces".
Pakistan also hailed Secretary General of Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) Dr Yousaf Bin Ahmed Al-Othaimeen's statement in which he had condemned the rights violations being perpetrated in Occupied Kashmir by India.
The foreign office also called for an international inquiry into alleged violations in the disputed territory as it was recommended by the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR).
First-ever UN report on Kashmir calls for int'l ... 12:54 PM | 14 Jun, 2018
GENEVA - Indian security forces have used excessive force in Kashmir and killed and wounded numerous civilians since ...
The deceased Kashmiri leader, who was the Tehreek-e-Hurriyat District Islamabad President, played an instrumental role in the 2016 uprising. He was released from Indian jail last month and had been receiving life threats from unknown phone numbers.
According to KMS, he even informed police about these anonymous calls.
Before him, three other Hurriyat leaders namely Muhammad Yousuf Nadeem, Hakeemur Rehman Sultani and Tariq Ahmad Ganai had become victims of target killing since February, this year.
The Chairman of All Parties Hurriyat Conference, Syed Ali Gilani broke down on hearing the tragic news, while Hurriyat leaders and organizations including Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, Muhammad Yasin Malik, Democratic Freedom Party and Jamaat-e-Islami in their separate statements strongly condemned the targeted killing of Mir Hafeezullah. They termed the cold-blooded murder of Mir as a part of deep Indian conspiracy to suppress genuine voices for freedom.
- COAS Bajwa presides over Formation Commanders’ Conference08:52 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Sindh earmarks Rs22.8 billion for college education08:22 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan cuts steel for fourth MILGEM-Class corvette ship (VIDEO)07:37 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- realme conducts first-ever Global Launch Event to unveil realme GT & ...07:15 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat wants the Muslim misrepresentation in movies to change05:10 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021