IHC seeks reply from Interior Ministry over anti-state content on social, electronic media
IHC's Justice Aamer Farooq heard a petition filed by a citizen Farrukh Nawaz Bhatti.
The petitioner's counsel Raja Rizwan Abbasi requested the bench to hear the case in his chambers as it was a sensitive matter.
Justice Farooq observed that the court would take a decision in that regard after receipt of replies from the respondents.
Rizwan Abbasi contended that anti-state activities at social and electronic media had been highlighted in the petition. He sought an action against those involved in propaganda against state institutions.
After hearing the arguments, the court issued notices to the respondents, directing them to submit their replies within ten days.
- PM’s aide Shahzad Akbar tests positive for Covid-1909:24 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistani, Canadian FMs discuss Afghanistan in phone call09:10 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Multiple blasts leave two dead, 20 injured in Afghanistan’s ...07:45 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Shehbaz Sharif, son Hamza summoned in money laundering case06:44 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistani celebs express disappointment after NZ tour called off05:30 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- ‘Dafaa Hojao Tum’ — Resham set to star in Faseeh Bari Khan's ...04:59 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Areeba Habib-starrer ‘Nehar’ to highlight the issue of dowry04:35 PM | 18 Sep, 2021