PML-N's Musadik Malik accused of sexually assaulting 5-year-old boy
The victim’s mother has filed a plea with the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Tuesday for the disqualification of Malik, pleading that the incident happened some 15 years back in the United States.
The petitioner Zainia Sati claims that the PML-N leader managed to dig up the controversy owing to his links with the American Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).
The Election Commission of Pakistan has asked Sati to furnish evidence in order to issue a notice against him; it has set December 5 as the next date for the hearing.
Reacting to the controversy, Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa lawmaker Irshad Qaiser has said that if Musadik is convicted in the case, he should be disqualified.
Musaddiq Malik has served in the past as the spokesperson of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif.
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:34 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan reports lowest number of daily COVID cases in two months as ...09:08 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 18 September 202108:42 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Taliban replace Afghanistan women's ministry with vice department12:43 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- HRW says India's ruling BJP targeting Modi govt critics12:22 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Malala proud of Angelina Jolie for writing a book for children04:55 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Dur-e-Fishan and Danish Taimoor pair up for upcoming drama Ishq e ...04:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Alka Yagnik super excited for Imran Abbas's new drama serial 'Amanat'04:12 PM | 17 Sep, 2021