PM-CJP Dams Fund crosses Rs6 billion mark
The fund witnessed a boost after the recent speech of Prime Minister Imran Khan who urged the nation to donate generously for the construction of Diamer-Bhasha and Mohmand dams.
Among foreign countries, the Pakistani diaspora in the USA contributed Rs 193.448 million followed by the UK which contributed Rs 51.45 million and United Arab Emirates (UAE) donated Rs 45.8 million for the dams’ fund.
Meanwhile, the SBP issued a list of top 10 donors both on the institution and individual level.
Among institutions, the highest donation of Rs 1.01 billion was paid by employees of the government of Punjab, followed by Pak Army which donated Rs 582.1 million for the dams’ fund.
Similarly, an amount of Rs 103.24 million has also been received for the fund through SMS service of various companies.
- Pakistan, India face off in first Olympic event final in 53 years11:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Travellers vaccinated with Sinopharm, Sinovac allowed to enter Saudi ...11:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- INS Vikrant: India's first indigenous aircraft carrier begins sea ...10:40 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Abdul Qayyum Niazi: Who is the new PM of Azad Jammu & Kashmir?10:12 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Wife accuses Yo Yo Honey Singh of domestic violence05:34 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Aima Baig dances her heart out on sister’s mayoun (VIDEO)04:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Mahira Khan leaves fans thrilled with first teaser of ‘Prince ...04:01 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021