India bans Al-Jazeera for showing 'Kashmir as part of Pakistan'
On Wednesday, Al-Jazeera’s transmission appeared on Indian TVs with a blue screen displaying the notice as:
“As instructed by the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, this channel will not be available from 00:01 hrs on 22nd April 2015 till 00:01 on 27th April 2015.”
According to Indian officials, the decision was taken earlier this month for showing maps of disputed Kashmir by Al-Jazeera News Channel. Al-Jazeera showed some parts of the Himalayan Kashmir regions in both Pakistan and China which was not acceptable for India.
“The ban has been imposed for five days and it was done on instructions of an inter-ministerial committee, who took cognisance of Indian map in which the channel showed parts of Kashmir in Pakistan and China,” said official.
- PPAF holds webinar on ‘Role of Innovation for Rural Development’11:51 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- #ImranKhanCancelEXAMS trends on twitter amid COVID-19 fears11:26 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan-origin girl blinded, disfigured in New York acid attack10:47 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan receives 500,000 doses of procured Chinese SinVac vaccine10:12 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Quetta hotel blast was suicide attack, confirms interior minister09:22 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Sarah Khan drops big pregnancy hint in latest Instagram post07:57 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Shoaib Malik gives fans major fitness goals in new workout video06:58 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Wasim Akram enjoying Ramadan break with son in Dubai06:37 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021