Kingdom resumes air attacks on Yemen hours after end to operation
ADEN (Web Desk) -Saudi Arabia led coalition forces on Wednesday resumed airstrikes in Yemen only hours after announcing an end to "Operation Decisive Storm" against Houthi rebels.
The strikes returned after rebel forces launched an attack on a government military brigade not under Houthi control, reported CNN while quoting security sources in Taiz. The brigade quickly fell to the rebels, they said.
It was unclear if the fighting represented a resumption of the operation or was a short-term resumption of hostilities.
When the Saudi-led coalition announced the end of the operation it said a new initiative was underway.
Operation Renewal of Hope will focus on the political process, it said.
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-April-14-Updated ...09:55 AM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan reports highest daily coronavirus deaths in ten months09:19 AM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 14 April 202108:48 AM | 14 Apr, 2021
- PAKvSA – Pakistan take on South Africa in 3rd T20I today08:00 AM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Alisha Gory explains how tattoos are a form of expressing your ...08:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Mohammad Amir celebrates 29th birthday04:50 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Zainab Abbas becomes first Pakistani female presenter to join Sky ...04:02 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Tips for busy professionals01:52 PM | 7 Apr, 2021