ADB to provide $300m for Public Sector Enterprises Reform Program in Pakistan
The loan agreement was signed by Tariq Mahmood Pasha, Secretary, Economic Affairs Division (EAD) and Ms Xiaohong Yang, Country Director, Asian Development Bank (ADB).
The Subprogram-2 of the Public-Sector Enterprises Reform Program will help the Government of Pakistan to achieve and sustain reform initiatives aimed at enhancing the performance of Public Sector Enterprises (PSEs) by improving their corporate governance and accountability, and reducing their contingent liabilities. Subprogram-2 will facilitate creating fiscal space for critical development expenditures.
To facilitate GOP’s reform initiatives, ADB approved Subprogram-1 of the Programmatic Approach in
June 2016. Subprogram-2 will carry forward all the reforms initiated under Subprogram-1 to its logical conclusion.
The Programmatic Approach addresses the following important challenges while initiating critical PSE reforms: Facilitate coordination across various government departments to (a) implement good corporate governance principles effectively; (b) articulate crucial guiding principles, such as transparency and consistency, on issues related to labor (including retirement benefits); (c) monitor and evaluate PSE performance; and (d) implement critical structural reform in some selected PSEs to get maximum benefits.-Online
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:47 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan reports 4,858 new cases, 40 deaths amid Covid-19 surge09:11 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 02 August 202108:46 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- PAKvWI: Rain frustrates Pakistan's bid to win West Indies T20I series11:58 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan hopeful India will ‘act fairly’ as head of UNSC11:44 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Mustafa Qureshi, wife Rubina Qureshi test positive for coronavirus04:47 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s flying kiss video in bold dress goes viral04:21 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Katrina Kaif wins over internet with superb dance moves (VIDEO)02:40 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021