ADB to provide $300m for Public Sector Enterprises Reform Program in Pakistan
The loan agreement was signed by Tariq Mahmood Pasha, Secretary, Economic Affairs Division (EAD) and Ms Xiaohong Yang, Country Director, Asian Development Bank (ADB).
The Subprogram-2 of the Public-Sector Enterprises Reform Program will help the Government of Pakistan to achieve and sustain reform initiatives aimed at enhancing the performance of Public Sector Enterprises (PSEs) by improving their corporate governance and accountability, and reducing their contingent liabilities. Subprogram-2 will facilitate creating fiscal space for critical development expenditures.
To facilitate GOP’s reform initiatives, ADB approved Subprogram-1 of the Programmatic Approach in
June 2016. Subprogram-2 will carry forward all the reforms initiated under Subprogram-1 to its logical conclusion.
The Programmatic Approach addresses the following important challenges while initiating critical PSE reforms: Facilitate coordination across various government departments to (a) implement good corporate governance principles effectively; (b) articulate crucial guiding principles, such as transparency and consistency, on issues related to labor (including retirement benefits); (c) monitor and evaluate PSE performance; and (d) implement critical structural reform in some selected PSEs to get maximum benefits.-Online
- Shaheen Afridi, Haris Rauf and Rizwan rise in ICC T20 rankings06:05 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Daraz spends up to $50,000 every month in customer refunds05:44 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran directs to stop TLP’s planned long march05:38 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Sania Mirza becomes a ‘rescue angel’ after Hafeez forgets ...05:24 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Celebrities ecstatic after Pakistan’s victory against New Zealand ...04:36 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021