PTI's 'own man' challenges intra-party polls in ECP
In a petition submitted to the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Thursday, Yousafzai expressed that the PTI intra-party elections were illegal. He urged the ECP to declare the intra-party polls illegal and order the exercise to be held afresh.
Earlier this month, PTI Chief Election Commissioner Azam Swati declared Imran-led 'Insaf Panel' the winner in intra-party elections completed in a single day.
According to Swati, the Insaf Panel received 189,055 votes while the Ehtesab Panel bagged 41,647 votes paving the way for Imran Khan to remain the chairman of the party.
Similarly, Jahangir Tareen assumed charge as secretary general and Aleem Khan as president of Central Punjab. Ali Amin Gandapur was elected president of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
As many as two million members of the party had cast their votes digitally through SMS service although 256,957 members exercised their right.
Following the intra-party polls, the ECP allowed the PTI use the electoral symbol of the cricket bat, which it had restricted earlier owing to the lack of intra-party elections.
- Pakistan extremely vulnerable to climate change, PM Imran tells world ...12:10 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- England withdraw from cricket series with Pakistan10:25 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan's best shortest format players assemble for National T20; ...07:58 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Top PR, event management agencies announce Pakistan’s first council ...07:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Canadian vlogger Rosie Gabrielle wants everyone to know that Pakistan ...05:53 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mathira claps back at trolls with an explosive statement: ‘Don’t ...04:57 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza's new video goes viral04:35 PM | 20 Sep, 2021