Pakistan developing two new cruise missiles, nuclear submarine: US Think Tank
WASHINGTON (Web Desk) - While India is shifting to cold war doctrine at great speed Pakistan has also developed short-range missiles to deter any possible Indian aggression. A report of United States based Think Tank which has been titled as ‘Pakistani nuclear forces 2015′ has claimed that Pakistan is developing two new cruise missiles, the ground-launched Babur (Hatf-7) and the air-launched Ra’ad (Hatf-8).
The report also disclosed that World's only Muslim atomic power is also busy in developing a sea-based nuclear capability, referring to a submarine that could carry nuclear warheads.
"Pakistan currently has six types of operational nuclear-capable ballistic missiles, adding at least two more are under development – the short-range Shaheen-1A and medium-range Shaheen-3," it added.
The report authored by Hans M Kristensen and Robert S Norris further said that Pakistan expected to become the fifth largest nuclear weapons holder by the end of 2015.
"In 2011 Pakistan had estimated 90 to 110 warheads which rose to 110 to 130 warheads by the end of 2013. If the country keeps going with the same momentum it will have around 220 to 230 warheads in 2025."
The report however concluded that Pakistan's growing nuclear strength depends on a number of factors including the economy of the country which expected to witness a boom following the construction of historic China-Pakistan Economic Corridor.
- Govt will ensure Pakistan fulfills its enormous maritime potential, ...01:22 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Private schools in KP reopened after five months closure12:14 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Toshakhana reference: Nawaz challenges NAB's summoning in IHC11:37 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- COAS, Bill Gates discuss Pakistan's Covid-19 response, resumption of ...10:59 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Momina Mustehsan, Muneeb Butt call out Kangana Ranaut for spreading ...05:43 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- FIR lodged against Saba Qamar and Bilal Saeed05:09 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- Abida Parveen, Ali Zafar and Humayun Saeed among others honoured ...04:39 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020