Pakistan developing two new cruise missiles, nuclear submarine: US Think Tank
WASHINGTON (Web Desk) - While India is shifting to cold war doctrine at great speed Pakistan has also developed short-range missiles to deter any possible Indian aggression. A report of United States based Think Tank which has been titled as ‘Pakistani nuclear forces 2015′ has claimed that Pakistan is developing two new cruise missiles, the ground-launched Babur (Hatf-7) and the air-launched Ra’ad (Hatf-8).
The report also disclosed that World's only Muslim atomic power is also busy in developing a sea-based nuclear capability, referring to a submarine that could carry nuclear warheads.
"Pakistan currently has six types of operational nuclear-capable ballistic missiles, adding at least two more are under development – the short-range Shaheen-1A and medium-range Shaheen-3," it added.
The report authored by Hans M Kristensen and Robert S Norris further said that Pakistan expected to become the fifth largest nuclear weapons holder by the end of 2015.
"In 2011 Pakistan had estimated 90 to 110 warheads which rose to 110 to 130 warheads by the end of 2013. If the country keeps going with the same momentum it will have around 220 to 230 warheads in 2025."
The report however concluded that Pakistan's growing nuclear strength depends on a number of factors including the economy of the country which expected to witness a boom following the construction of historic China-Pakistan Economic Corridor.
- Pakistan Navy ships MOAWIN, ASLAT visit Port Victoria11:25 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Over 5,000 prisoners suffering from HIV/AIDS, fatal diseases in ...10:27 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019