Indian man busted for running an international child pornography network via WhatsApp group
Detectives from India’s CBI raided multiple locations across the country and arrested 20-year-old Nikhil Verma from his home in the city of Kannuaj in Uttar Pradesh state and seized his laptop, mobile phone, and hard disks. According to the authorities, the arrested is the administrator of the WhatsApp group used to exchange child pornography.
Four other local suspects have been identified and are being pursued by authorities.
The CBI official said they are investigating all angles in this case, including a well-organized racket shooting children's sexual abuse videos and selling them in the virtual world.
The agency has registered a case under section 67-B of the Information & Technology Act and provisions of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO) against members of the group, which has been active for two years now.
- Ferozsons Laboratories salutes Healthcare Heroes by lighting National ...11:52 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Watch: Filling station worker douses ‘robbers’ with fuel11:21 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Pakistan Army captain among three soldiers martyred in Waziristan ...11:02 PM | 5 May, 2021
- 100 DG Khan students graduate from US-funded English Access program10:09 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartwarming video from her Baat Paki celebration02:50 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Nazish Jahangir sheds light on the controversy with Mohsin Abbas ...02:10 PM | 5 May, 2021