World Tuberculosis Day being marked today
Pakistan is responding proactively to the pressing need for effective control of Tuberculosis by adopting WHO-endorsed guidelines in National Strategic Plan for TB.
The Pakistan Government has prioritized TB as a major public health challenge and every effort is being made for its prevention and control.
In his message on the occasion, President Mamnoon Hussain urged all sections of the society to overcome the challenge with shared responsibility.
Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif, in his message, said the government's endeavours for making Pakistan a progressive and developed country cannot succeed until we achieve a diseases-free society.
He said currently over three hundred thousand patients are annually benefitting from free diagnostic and treatment facilities in the country.
- Cop martyred, two militants killed in Islamabad shootout02:43 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- SSGC General Manager terminated for harassing female employees02:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Blast derails passenger train in Balochistan’s Sibi, several injured01:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Indian PM Modi trolled over teleprompter faux pas during WEF speech ...01:22 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Sajal Aly's brother pens a beautiful birthday message for his sister10:06 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Nora Fatehi flaunts her ultra glam look in latest clicks05:34 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Sania Mirza all praise for the lovely bond between Anushka Sharma and ...07:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021