World Tuberculosis Day being marked today
Pakistan is responding proactively to the pressing need for effective control of Tuberculosis by adopting WHO-endorsed guidelines in National Strategic Plan for TB.
The Pakistan Government has prioritized TB as a major public health challenge and every effort is being made for its prevention and control.
In his message on the occasion, President Mamnoon Hussain urged all sections of the society to overcome the challenge with shared responsibility.
Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif, in his message, said the government's endeavours for making Pakistan a progressive and developed country cannot succeed until we achieve a diseases-free society.
He said currently over three hundred thousand patients are annually benefitting from free diagnostic and treatment facilities in the country.
- Islamabad police produce Shahbaz Gill in court to seek extension in ...09:22 AM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Today's #currencyexchange rates in #Pakistan - #Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:38 AM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 19 August 202208:16 AM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Saboor Aly teases husband Ali Ansari in a hilarious video07:59 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- 'Kaisi Teri Khudgarzi' slammed for glorifying abuse, violence10:21 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022