World Tuberculosis Day being marked today
Pakistan is responding proactively to the pressing need for effective control of Tuberculosis by adopting WHO-endorsed guidelines in National Strategic Plan for TB.
The Pakistan Government has prioritized TB as a major public health challenge and every effort is being made for its prevention and control.
In his message on the occasion, President Mamnoon Hussain urged all sections of the society to overcome the challenge with shared responsibility.
Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif, in his message, said the government's endeavours for making Pakistan a progressive and developed country cannot succeed until we achieve a diseases-free society.
He said currently over three hundred thousand patients are annually benefitting from free diagnostic and treatment facilities in the country.
- President Alvi signs bill for use of EVMs in Pakistan’s next ...10:08 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- MDCAT mandatory for admission to medical colleges, rules Pakistan's ...09:04 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan set to join ADB’s first ever Energy Transition Mechanism08:35 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Two million Pakistanis to go abroad for jobs in next 2 years, hopes ...07:45 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Bloodbath at PSX as KSE-100 index plummets over 2,000 points07:08 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Minal Khan shares a dreamy throwback video from her Maldives vacation04:20 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Salman Khan's family not invited to Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal's ...03:45 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Merub Ali spills the beans about her relationship with Asim Azhar03:15 PM | 2 Dec, 2021