Protesters warned of action for not vacating Faizabad interchange in six hours
According to a letter addressed to the leaders of religious groups, the administration has ordered the protesters to leave the place by 12 midnight today (Friday), otherwise, the 'leaders and the attendees would be responsible for consequences'.
It also stated that the Parade ground adjacent to Faizabad was allocated for demonstration as per the directives of judiciary and warnings were issued to the protesters twice to call off the sit-in.
'Non-compliance will lead to contempt of court and competent authority will be compelled to initiate strict legal action against the illegal protest/sit-in in order to fulfil the requirement of law and writ of state' stated the letter.
The protesters mostly members of Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan are staging a sit-in at one of the busiest artery of the capital from last 18 days against the amendment in the Khatam e Nabuuwat clause of Election Bill 2017.
- Pakistan set to join ADB’s first ever Energy Transition Mechanism08:35 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Two million Pakistanis to go abroad for jobs in next 2 years, hopes ...07:45 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Bloodbath at PSX as KSE-100 index plummets over 2,000 points07:08 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Tourism Dept committed to restoring museums, historical sites in ...06:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Hasan, Imad and Sarfaraz left out as Pakistan name squad for West ...06:14 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Minal Khan shares a dreamy throwback video from her Maldives vacation04:20 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Salman Khan's family not invited to Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal's ...03:45 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Merub Ali spills the beans about her relationship with Asim Azhar03:15 PM | 2 Dec, 2021