'One million protesters will march on Islamabad', Imran Khan claims big ahead of Nov 2 showdown
“You (Prime Minister) have only two options left; either quit the office or accept the Terms of References (TORs) that were accepted not only by the PTI but the entire opposition,” Imran Khan said while addressing a large public gathering in Malakand on Monday.
Commenting on reports that the government may try to stop the protesters, he said it was not possible for the rulers to arrest one million people who will come to the capital on November 2.
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf plans to lock down the capital city on Nov 2 (Wednesday) in the wake of Panama Papers which mentioned offshore companies of ruling Sharif family.
“No police can arrest 1 million people, and they won’t have space in jails to imprison them,” the PTI chairman said.
“They (rulers) won’t have enough time to leave for Jeddah this time around,” he said in a reference to Sharif family’s departure to Saudi Arabia after Nawaz government was toppled by former army chief Gen (r) Pervez Musharraf in 1999.
“We will not go to jail, it will be you who will be hiding,” Imran said, reiterating that Nawaz Sharif was responsible for hindering the inquiry into the Panama leaks.
- Wait is over as Cambridge announces O level results of Pakistani ...09:03 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- German vets perform surgery to rid Pakistani elephant of tooth ...08:56 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- PAKvNED – Pakistan seal ODI series victory over Netherlands08:28 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Naimal Khawar's latest photoshoot draws severe backlash05:40 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Naimal’s new photoshoot draws severe backlash06:10 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022