Telecom sector receives $ 21 mln FDI in first quarter
Information Technology sector fetched US $ 3.3 million FDI in July-September 2016 as compared to 0.2 million in the corresponding period of last fiscal year.
Statistics of State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) on Sunday showed overall communications sector comprising telecommunication, Information Technology and postal & courier services) registered US $ 24.2 million net FDI with US $ 40.9 million inflow and US $ 16.7 million outflows.
Telecommunication sector registered US $ 37.6 million inflow, US $ 16.6 million outflows and US $ 21 million net FDI during the period under review.
Net FDI in software development remained at the US $ 1.5 million during July-September.
- Karachi court orders arrest of ARY CEO Salman Iqbal, anchor Arshad ...08:40 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan slams India over mischievous campaign to masquerade as ...07:59 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Saudi Arabia extends Umrah visa to three months07:38 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Saba Qamar sets temperature soaring with new clicks05:00 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Hareem Shah shares belly dance video12:09 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022