This Pakistani man drove his 4x4 for 60km in REVERSE gear on the world’s highest road
The most amazing part of the story is about the road, the Korakoram Highway - one of the highest paved international roads in the world, also dubbed as ‘Eight Wonder of World’. The road to Shimshal is full of all kind of dangers. It is narrow, winding, very high above the Shimshal River and unpaved.
For all these reasons, the Shimshal road is considered very dangerous. The drivers moving passengers and luggage everyday from Passu to Shimshal, covering a distance of 60 kilometers, are highly skilled, but still they drive very carefully, to avoid any calamity.
If the vehicle goes off the road, deaths are imminent.
But Mirza Aman, a driver from Shimshal, achieved this extra ordinary feat, which requires nerves of steel and exceptional driving skills, the Pamir Times reported.
When he reached Shimshal in reverse gear, the locals stood at the entrance of the village to welcome him, awe-inspired by the unbelievable task, according to the news portal which covers Gilgit-Baltistan, Kohistan, Chitral and the surrounding mountain areas.
Mirza Aman’s reverse journey to Shimshal was captured by Ali Ahmad, a local photographer.
The Passu area, a vast plateau circumscribed by mountains, is also the confluence of the Hunza, or Gojal, and Shimshal rivers. Passu boasts numerous hotels and is the perfect base for multifarious excursions in the great Karakorams.
This feature story was originally published by Pamirtimes.net.
- Wait is over as Cambridge announces O level results of Pakistani ...09:03 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- German vets perform surgery to rid Pakistani elephant of tooth ...08:56 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- PAKvNED – Pakistan seal ODI series victory over Netherlands08:28 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Naimal Khawar's latest photoshoot draws severe backlash05:40 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Naimal’s new photoshoot draws severe backlash06:10 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022