Ghani vows strict action against Taliban, rules out possibility of talks
Addressing in Afghan Parliament after last week's deadly bombing in Kabul which claimed 24 lives and injured over 400 people, Ghani said that he does not expect Pakistan to bring Taliban to table for peace talks.
Instead, he urged Islamabad to crush Taliban militants, alleging that Taliban fighters are using Pakistani soil to plan and execute terrorist attack in Afghanistan. Taliban insurgents will suffer in battlefield and eventually request for peace talks, he went on to say.
He threatened if Pakistan failed to fulfill its promises to crush Taliban as decided in quadrilateral meeting, Afghanistan will move US Security Council over this issue.
On the occasion Ashraf Ghani also presented religious justifications from Quran to defend the fight against Taliban and discourage rebellion against his government.
- Covid-19: Door-to-door vaccination drive begins in Punjab’s ...11:34 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Budding Pakistani singer accused of sexually assaulting woman in ...11:26 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan receives over three million doses of Moderna, CanSino ...10:53 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- First trilateral meeting of Pakistan, Azerbaijan and Turkey’s ...10:25 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan's NSA Moeed Yusuf leaves for US09:54 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Jennifer Lopez celebrates 52nd birthday with Ben Affleck04:36 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani bride's super dancing entry goes viral (VIDEO)03:37 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic breaks the internet with new beach photo03:15 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021