CJP Nisar orders immediate removal of over-sized billboards from Lahore
Hearing crucial cases in Supreme Court's Lahore registry on Saturday, the top judge ordered the removal of advertisement-aimed boards and issued a notice to the Director General of Punjab Horticulture Authority (PHA) as well.
'It is the responsibility of the civil administration to keep the city clean,' remarked the chief justice.
The CJP's directives come a month after the Lahore High Court ordered the authorities concerned to remove signboards from all heritage sites on the Mall Road in Lahore.
Justice Ali Akbar Qureshi passed the orders while hearing a case regarding the installation of large sized signboards on the thoroughfare.
The Court also directed for strict action against those who have installed signboards larger than the prescribed size.
- Aima Baig pens heartfelt note on her father's birthday12:11 AM | 7 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan's foreign exchange reserves fall below $8 billion11:16 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Hania Aamir and Farhan Saeed gear up for another project08:57 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022