Shehbaz, Kaira among 1,900 booked over Lahore rally
LAHORE – Shehbaz Sharif among 1,900 participants of the joint opposition’s Lahore rally has been booked over multiple charges, police sources said on Friday.
Qamar Zaman Kaira, Waheed Gul, Rabia Naseem, Uzma Bukhari, Rana Mashood, Javed Hashmi were also nominated in the case, the source added.
Lahore: PMLN Rally.. Drone Footage pic.twitter.com/AXtAM3SH0M
— Mansoor Ahmed Qureshi (@MansurQr) July 25, 2019
The protest rally which was taken out at city’s Mall Road observed Black Day on the first anniversary of General Elections 2018, which saw Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf assuming charge of political affairs.
The FIR, registered in Civil Lines Police Station stated that several protesters were carrying sticks and enclosed the Mall Road, causing inconvenience to the public.
— Rimmsh Rajput Bhatti (@RimmshBhatti29) July 25, 2019
The protesters broke police barriers, made incendiary speeches, and chanted anti-government slogans, an FIR further stated.
Police registered a case against 1,900 participants, including Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz leader Shehbaz Sharif, for holding the opposition’s rally on the Mall Road.https://t.co/jH9Oc8rZUr
— Benazir Shah (@Benazir_Shah) July 26, 2019
Former Punjab chief minister Shehbaz Sharif on Friday led a rally, criticised ruling party PTI and said those who have wreaked destruction on Pakistan would have to pay and those who stole people's jobs would be held accountable.
Similarly, Kaira, the PPP leader, also led a rally in the provincial capital.
- Teenage girl killed in Indian unprovoked ceasefire violations along ...04:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran expresses pain and grief over loss of lives in Beirut ...03:36 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- India imposes curfew, restrictions in Occupied Kashmir to prevent ...02:09 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- If offered, I would love to work in Pakistan: Engin Altan Düzyatan01:53 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Saba Qamar, Bilal Ashraf & others grieve over the tragic explosions ...01:10 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020