Nora Fatehi recalls being humiliated, bullied during auditions
In an interview with Pinkvilla, Nora Fatehi opened up about her struggle and experience of being bullied when she came to India.
Recalling the early days of her career, Fatehi said she wasn't aware of what was expected of her in Indian cinema and so she usually ended up making a fool of herself. She also mentioned how casting agents were not just mean to her but often humiliated her and laughed at her face.
“I started learning Hindi but the auditions were very traumatic for me. I wasn’t really mentally prepared and I made a fool of myself,” she said.
Fatehi continued, “People were really unforgiving. They wouldn’t just be mean but they would laugh in front of my face as if I was performing at some circus. They would bully me. It was humiliating. I used to cry while travelling back home. There was this one casting agent who once told me, ‘We don’t need you here. Go back’. I’ll never forget that.”
Fatehi added that she had a tough time dealing with the criticism she faced five years ago, but it no longer has an impact on her. “Right now, I can laugh at this with my friends. But back then, I would sit on a rickshaw and howl,” she concluded.
On the work front, Fatehi will next be seen in Marjaavan and Street Dancer.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more updates!
- Indian air force jet crashes in Madhya Pradesh, pilot injured12:38 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Narcotics agency raids SRK's bungalow as Bollywood superstar reaches ...12:06 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- High alert sounded in Lahore as TLP stages sit-in for Saad Rizvi’s ...11:35 AM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Lt Gen Nadeem, who's appointed by GHQ as next DG ISI, ‘calls on PM ...11:00 AM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Woman ‘tortured, raped’ in Rawalpindi metro bus underpass10:28 AM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Ali Azmat slammed for indecent remarks about Madam Noor Jahan05:02 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Mansha Pasha celebrates birthday with friends and family04:36 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Drugs case: Aryan Khan’s bail plea rejected by Mumbai court03:25 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021