Baby born with two torsos, four arms and four legs (GRAPHIC CONTENT)
Photos taken inside the hospital show the severely deformed baby lying on a bed hooked up to machines.
The baby’s mother, Savita Devi said she was in shock after losing her newborn but added: "I think whatever happened it happened for good.
"If my baby lived on with these deformities, every day of her life would have been like death."
Her husband Suresh Saw, a farmer, said: "We were hoping to welcome an able-bodied baby. But destiny had different plans - this time it was a cruel one.
“We were gifted with a deformed baby. I didn't know whether to be happy or feel sorry for the poor kid.
"God must have cursed us for some sin, we committed in our previous life."
The baby was rushed to an intensive care unit after her condition started deteriorating.
Dr Mukesh Kumar, who helped with the delivery, said the child couldn't be saved because it was not fully developed.
He said: "This is called congenital deformity.
"The fetus didn't grow properly in the womb due to some reasons. The baby was plagued by an extremely rare condition where a conjoined twin did not fully form.
"Instead of growing a separate body, the other undeveloped baby's limbs absorbed into his as a result of polymelia.
"The rare disorder occurs in the womb when the cells form abnormally during embryonic development."
- Looking to upgrade your device on a budget? TECNO’s Spark 7 series ...05:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- 'Nothing to worry about,' FM Qureshi on not getting a call from US ...04:52 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Satellite imagery, financial data reveal construction of secret ...03:39 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Barbie debuts dolls in honour of real-life pandemic heroes02:50 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Maya Ali’s new dance video takes internet by storm02:32 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021