Eid celebrations eclipsed by Bahawalpur tragedy and terrorist attacks
The disaster was one of several deadly events to mar the run-up to the Eid ul Fitr holidays. Close to 100 people were killed in bombings in Quetta and Parachinar on Friday, which were claimed by the Jamaatul Ahrar and Lashkar-e-Jhangvi Al Alimi, respectively.
The day dawned with special prayers for security, progress and prosperity of the country. Eid congregations were held at open places‚ mosques and Eidgahs in all major cities, towns and villages of the country.
In their sermons, Ulema and religious scholars highlighted the significance and philosophy of Eid ul Fitr and the need to share its joys with the poor.
A large number of people including parliamentarians, ministers and envoys of Islamic countries also offered Eid prayers at the Faisal Mosque.
On the occasion, special prayers were offered for the progress and prosperity of the country and unity of Muslim Ummah.
Eid prayers congregations were held in small and major cities of all provinces, Gilgit Baltistan, FATA and Azad Kashmir.
A big congregation of Eid prayer was held at Badshahi Masjid Lahore.
In Gilgit Baltistan, the main Eid congregations were held in Gilgit city.
In Peshawar, main congregation of Eid-ul-Fitr was held at Eidgah Charsadda Road, Peshawar.
Governor Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Iqbal Zafar Jhagra offered Eid prayer at Governor House Peshawar.
Similarly, Eid congregations were also held in FATA.
In Karachi, Governor Sindh Muhammad Zubair offered prayers at Polo ground Gulshan-e-Jinnah.
Like other parts of the country, Eid-ul Fitr is also being celebrated in Azad Kashmir today with religious fervor and zeal.
Special prayers were offered for the unity of Muslim Ummah, stability and solidarity of Pakistan and liberation of occupied Jammu and Kashmir.
Meanwhile‚ security has been beefed up in different parts of the country, including the federal capital, to avoid any untoward incident on the auspicious occasion. Snap checking and patrolling by law enforcing agencies have been increased.
- PIA raises airfares for Saudi Arabia flights by upto Rs49,00012:04 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- US imposes new sanctions on Iran’s Defense Ministry09:47 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani documentary selected as finalist for Resistance ...09:13 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- TECNO’s launches Hero Phone Spark 6 in Pakistan08:24 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Cavit Çetin Güner and Sadia Khan follow each other on Instagram05:10 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Emmys 2020: Jennifer Aniston hosts surprise ‘Friends‘ reunion04:07 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Aiman Khan, Muneeb Butt celebrate Amal’s first birthday01:53 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020