Smoking kills 250 in Pakistan daily, health minister tells NA
The minister, during the question hour, disclosed at least 5,000 adults and 1,200 children become new smokers daily. Government is taking all necessary steps to eliminate this hazard, she said.
The pictorial warning to the smokers has been intensified, Tarar told the House, adding cases are also being registered in this respect under Prohibition of Smoking and Protection of Non-Smokers Health Ordinance 2002.
Since 2010, at least 967 cases have been registered on requests of non-smokers, she added.
- Setting a new standard for smartphones in our changing world11:32 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Man gets dumped a month after donating kidney to girlfriend’s mother10:59 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Gold price drops slightly in Pakistan10:23 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- COAS Bajwa reiterates resolve to fight against terrorism09:51 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- FBR imposes 17% sales tax on bakeries, restaurant and caterers09:20 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities condemn tragic Lahore blast04:49 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Why did Princess Diana express interest in interfaith marriage and ...07:13 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- 11 Pakistani films to be screened at Dubai Expo Film Festival05:14 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021