ECP fixes Oct 1 for hearing of foreign funding case against PTI
The election regulator directed PTI's counsel to appear before the special committee constituted for the scrutiny of foreign funding of the ruling party on Oct 1.
The next hearing would be the first one since Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf swept to power in last general elections.
“I hope that after the full disclosure of the massive corruption, all those responsible for managing PTI accounts, including its chairman and members of its finance committee, will be banned for life from holding office in any political party in Pakistan,” Babar had said.
However, the then ruling party, Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) pressed the election watchdog to urgently pursue cases of money laundering against the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf.
- PDM may postpone rallies if PM Imran telephones Nawaz, Zardari12:11 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- PM Imran woos back Chaudhry brothers during Lahore visit11:42 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan 'should shake hands' with Israel, Mubashir Lucman tells ...11:31 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Marriyum Aurangzeb ditches crazy fan wanting a selfie (VIDEO)10:25 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020