South Punjab secretariat to be functional soon: CM Buzdar
Additional chief secretary, additional inspector general and special secretaries of different departments would be deputed at the secretariat, Chief Minister expressed these views while addressing first convocation of Ghazi Medical College here.
He observed that the people of south Punjab would not travel to Lahore for redressal of their issues as these would be resolved locally. He also informed that Information Technology (IT) Tower was also being established in the city to facilitate youth.
He advised degree holders to remain polite while treating patients. He added that doctors problems would be addressed on priority basis. He vowed to upgrade Ghazi Medical College to level of King Edward Medical University.
CM Buzdar maintained that he was taking practical steps for uplift of the local region. During last tenure, 40 per cent budget was allocated for south Punjab but 12 pe rcent was spent in the region. He also expressed resolve to increase medical seats in all medical colleges of the province.
CM Punjab also announced 200 bed state-of-the-art institute of cardiology for DG Khan and it would be affiliated with Rawalpindi Institute of Cardiology. CM Punjab also observed that he himself monitoring development projects of the region.
Mir Chakir Khan Rind University of Technical University act had been passed from Punjab assembly and the university would help improve skills among local youth. On this occasion, federal minister Zartaj Gul, provincial health minister Dr Yasmeen Rashid, and other politicians were also present.
- vivo all set to launch the brand new Y33s in Pakistan04:41 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- HBL extends its ATM network free of cost to Finja Debit Card ...04:21 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- LIVE: Sindh clash with Southern Punjab in 3rd match of National T20 ...04:00 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Umar Akmal’s hilarious Tiktok video sparks memefest02:30 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Veteran Pakistani actor Talat Iqbal passes away in US10:40 AM | 24 Sep, 2021