Top Chinese commander reaffirms full support to Pakistan
ISLAMABAD - Vice Chairman, Central Military Commission (CMC) of China General Xu Qiliang Tuesday called on Prime Minister Imran Khan and conveyed reaffirmation of China’s full support to Pakistan , particularly at this crucial juncture.
Underscoring the importance of the time-tested China-Pakistan strategic partnership, he conveyed the Chinese leadership’s commitment to the time-honoured tradition of both countries supporting each other on issues of core national interest.
Gen. Xu Qiliang, Vice Chairman of Central Military Commission (CMC) China, called on Prime Minister Imran Khan at PM Office today. pic.twitter.com/N0zgUzxaaP— Govt of Pakistan (@pid_gov) August 27, 2019
During the meeting, Prime Minister Imran Khan underlined the unique quality of the time-tested, Pakistan-China all-weather strategic cooperative partnership, describing it as an anchor for peace and stability in the region and beyond.
The prime minister thanked China for supporting Pakistan’s approach to the UNSC, following India’s unilateral and illegal actions and the ongoing humanitarian crisis in the Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IoJ&K).
The prime minister highlighted India’s illegal and unilateral actions of August 5, the continuing indefensible lockdown of millions of Kashmiris in Occupied Jammu & Kashmir for three weeks, the dire human rights and the humanitarian situation there, and the threat to peace and security posed by India’s actions.
COAS Gen Bajwa discusses regional security with ... 11:57 PM | 26 Aug, 2019
RAWALPINDI - Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa discussed a host of issues with the vice-chairman of ...
The prime minister also underlined that India could stage a false flag operation to divert the world’s attention from its crimes.
He reiterated that the curfew in the IoJ&K must be immediately lifted and the international human rights NGOs be allowed to visit IoJ&K to have an objective assessment of the humanitarian tragedy unfolding there.
The prime minister also underscored that the brutal suppression of human rights in IoJ&K had the potential to spark a wave of extremism and India’s reckless actions could destabilize the region immeasurably.
General Xu Qiliang conveyed cordial greetings of President Xi Jinping, as well as that of Premier Li Keqiang and reiterated Beijing’s resolve to work for further strengthening China-Pakistan ties in a broad range of areas.
Vice Chairman Xu underlined that the South Asia region needed stability and economic development and resolution of outstanding disputes and appreciated Pakistan’s efforts in advancing those goals.
- PTI govt opens process for privatisation of public entities09:55 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- ATC acquits 40 accused in Youhanabad lynching cases09:09 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Zameen.com ready to hold Karachi Expo on February 1 and 208:18 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Ufone felicitates KPC’s new leadership08:12 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- 'Anti-state' Facebook posts: Lahore journalist's bail plea rejected07:54 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Priyanka Chopra in final talks to join The Matrix 403:19 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Humayun Saeed thanks fans for showering love on MPTH's team02:49 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Shah Rukh Khan's Pakistani cousin passes away in Peshawar02:15 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019