Imran Khan's statement on Kashmir welcomed in IOK
According to Kashmir Media Service, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq in a tweet message said, the Kashmiris welcomed the statement of Imran Khan calling for the resolution of Kashmir dispute through dialogue in view of the huge human cost being borne by the people of Kashmir. He hoped that the two neighbouring countries would take steps to give real peace a chance.
Other Hurriyat leaders and organizations including Agha Syed Hassan Al-Moosvi Al-Safvi, Muhammad Yousuf Naqash, Javaid Ahmad Mir, Zafar Akbar Butt, Professor Nazir Ahmed Shawl, Barrister Abdul Majeed Tramboo, Ali Raza Syed and Tehreek-e-Wahdat-e-Islami in their statements also appreciated PTI Chief’s statement on Kashmir.
Mirwaiz Umar Farooq addressing a gathering at Jamia Masjid in Srinagar on Friday said that the Kashmiris would resist any machinations over the Article 35-A that grants special status to Jammu and Kashmir in the Indian constitution. Indian Supreme Court will hear a petition seeking abrogation of Article 35-A on 6th August.
Meanwhile, Hurriyat leaders including Bilal Siddiqi, Muhammad Yousuf Naqash, Advocate Bashir Ahmed Butt, Noor Muhammad Kalwal, Shabbir Ahmed Dar, Molvi Bashir Ahmed, Syed Imtiyaz Haider, Nisar Hussain Rathar, Imtiaz Ahmed Shah and Ghulam Nabi Waseem led demonstrations in Srinagar and Sopore areas against the illegal detention of the Kashmiris lodged in different jails of India and the occupied territory. People took to the streets after Indian forces’ personnel vandalized property at Goriwan Chowk in Bijbehara area of Islamabad district.
A complete shutdown was observed in Islamabad town and in different areas of Kulgam district, today, against the killings of two youth, Abid Hussain Butt and Bilal Ahmad Dar, by Indian troops.
The occupation authorities imposed undeclared curfew in different areas of Islamabad town, today, to prevent people from staging protests against the killings. Hundreds of people amid high-pitched anti-India and pro-freedom slogans participated in the funeral prayers of Abid Hussain Butt in Suzan area of Doda district.
Indian troops conducted cordon and search operations in Srinagar, Bandipora and Baramulla areas, causing huge inconvenience to the people. Indian police arrested five youth during raids in Dreed Kalipora area of Shopian.
- Man accused of blasphemy walks free after 10 years in jail12:21 PM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Brendan Taylor faces ICC ban after a blackmail plot by Indian ...11:28 AM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan slips 16 positions to 140th in corruption perception index ...10:46 AM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Tariq Mahmood-ul-Hassan appointed PM’s aide on overseas Pakistanis09:49 AM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Coke Studio 14: Twitter reacts to Atif Aslam and Momina Mustehsan’s ...07:20 PM | 24 Jan, 2022
- Shaista Lodhi's dance video goes viral05:25 PM | 24 Jan, 2022
- Ramsha Khan and Ahad Mir pair up for an upcoming Ramadan play06:15 PM | 24 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021