Overseas Pakistanis can travel back home without visa as PTI abolishes NICOP
ISLAMABAD – The government of Pakistan has decided to abolish the National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis (NICOP) for facilitating the Pakistani expatriates at maximum level, said spokesperson of Ministry of Overseas Pakistani (MOP).
The decision was taken after the recommendation of Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Overseas Pakistanis Zulfiqar Abbas Bukhari.
The decision had been approved by the Prime Minister of Pakistan Imran Khan.
What is NICOP ?
NICOP is a registration document issued to an eligible Pakistani who lives abroad. Any Pakistani citizen can apply for the document so that they can travel to the South Asian country without a visa , in case they hold dual nationality.
- Israeli troops kill three Palestinian youth near Gaza border10:23 AM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Davos: PM Imran, Singapore's PM discusses bilateral relations, ...09:40 AM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan has clear vision regarding Kashmir cause, says Aisha Farooqui08:46 AM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Will talk to India's Modi on Kashmir issue, Trump tells PM Imran in ...10:42 PM | 21 Jan, 2020
- PSO and UBER sign exclusive strategic agreement10:30 PM | 21 Jan, 2020
- Govt decides to take Council of Islamic Ideology's view on Zindagi ...09:57 PM | 21 Jan, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha's release stopped: Khoosat move LHC against TLP ...06:15 PM | 21 Jan, 2020
- The team of "Zindagi Tamasha" cancels Karachi meet and greet03:23 PM | 21 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019