Terror attack on newspaper agency office leaves 8 injured in Turbat
As per reports, the militants were riding on a bike when they hurled a hand grenade at the office and successfully ran away, local media reported.
In the attack, eight people, including a child and police official, received injuries. They were later shifted to the hospital for medical treatment. The child is in a critical state and has been shifted to Karachi.
A few days ago, militants of banned outfits had threatened media house for not publishing their statements in the dailies. They have also barred hawkers from distributing the newspapers in Quetta and other parts of the province.
On Tuesday, the newspapers had not been circulated by the hawkers in the city due to threats from the terrorists.
Balochistan Governor Muhammad Khan Achakzai and Chief Minister Nawab Sanaullah Zehri have strongly condemned the attack at a newspaper office.
The chief minister has directed the police to take measures for ensuring the safety of media organisation and their staff.
- ‘Time to avenge’: PCB chief’s statement echoes Pakistan’s ...06:20 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- First Lady Bushra Bibi's daughter ties the knot in Madinah, couple's ...03:27 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Abrar-ul-Haq and Saba Qamar win hearts with hilarious version of ...12:35 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021