PM Imran urges UNSC, Int'l community to take action on Kashmir situation
Addressing Asia Society in New York, the premier said that over 8 million Kashmiris have been detained by Indian occupation forces in the held valley since last 53 days. He said curfew should be lifted as soon as possible.
Commenting on the dialogue on Kashmir with India, the Prime Minister said his government has tried several times to negotiate with BJP government but dialogue process with India cannot be resumed unless curfew is lifted from occupied Kashmir valley.
He said the future of the Kashmir should be decided according to aspiration of Kashmiris and as promised by UNSC through its resolutions.
Imran Khan said that during his visit to the US, he informed world leaders about atrocities in occupied Kashmir.
He said two nuclear powers are face to face on the Kashmir dispute and further tension should be stopped.
Imran Khan said that due to prudent government policies, the economy of the country has stabilized and steps are also being taken to expand the tax net in the country.
He said Pakistan has now become investment-friendly country with huge investment opportunities in different sectors.
The Prime Minister said Pakistan is also a beautiful country with in respect of tourism and the government is working to promote this potential.
He said that poverty alleviation and employment opportunities issues are on the top priority of the government and it has taken short-term, mid-term and long-term steps under Ehsas Program.
He said climate change is also a big challenge for the country and for the globe as well.
He said Pakistan is also playing a pivotal role in Afghan-led peace process to establish peace and stability in Afghanistan.
The Prime Minister said Pakistan has been hosting more than 4 million Afghan refugees since several decades.
- 640 new coronavirus cases reported; one death in past 24 hours in ...04:31 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- We will continue to restore democracy by removing PTI govt: Zardari03:43 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- APC turning point in Pakistani politics, time to take major decisions ...02:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020