Havelian-Thakot Motorway inaugurated
MANSEHRA (Staff Report) - Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Thursday inaugurated the Havelian-Thakot Motorway section in Mansehra and surveyed various planned development projects.
The 120-kilometre section of the motorway, part of China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), is expected to be complete in 42 months with a cost of Rs133.98 billion.
China Exim bank will fund 90 per cent of the project, while the remainder will be funded by Pakistan.
The stretch of motorway from Havelia passes through Abbottabad, Mansehra and Shinkiari, ending at Thakot.
The inauguration ceremony comes as the government on Wednesday approved a Budget Strategy Paper for the next fiscal year with a target to spend Rs1.497 trillion on development.
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Complete lockdown in Islamabad on Saturday and Sunday09:45 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan approaches 93,894 cases of coronavirus – 1,935 confirmed ...09:20 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pak army shot down yet another Indian spying quadcopter in Khanjar ...08:26 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020