Money laundering: Imran Khan slates NAB for inaction against Khawaja Asif
The PTI chief during a meeting with PTI leader Usman Dar at his Bani Gala residence expressed the concerns over no action from the National Accountability Burea on the party's application. Geo News quoted Khan, saying "We have brought undeniable proofs against him [Asif] on the record".
Khan said that they are ready to provide details regarding his involvement in corruption and money laundering, adding that Dar can present proofs of banking transactions against Asif and his wife.
He hoped that the NAB will soon take action against the foreign minister, adding that nation’s hopes are attached with the accountability department.
The PTI chief also directed Dar to meet with NAB chief Justice (retd) Javed Iqbal to take up the matter.
Usman Dar has also filed a petition with Islamabad High Court against Asif for possessing Iqama (work permit) of a foreign country.
The Islamabad High Court is set to hear Asif's Iqama case on March 1.
- Peshawar boy, accused of 'sextorting’ US girl, also hacked Snapchat ...01:46 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Pink Ribbon set to augment Breast Cancer Awareness in Oct12:34 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Eight ‘terrorists’ planning attacks arrested in Punjab12:12 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- FM Qureshi apprises UN president, secretary general about human ...11:51 AM | 25 Sep, 2021
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza's new video takes internet by storm03:46 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Indian song 'Mehendi' is a copy of iconic Pakistani song 'Gagar'03:46 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Firdous Jamal's comments about Mahira Khan, Osman Khalid trigger ...03:24 PM | 24 Sep, 2021