FIA arrests man accused of cyber harassment in Faisalabad
The accused identified as Muhammad Amir, a resident of Faisalabad, was taken into custody by FIA's Cyber Crime Cell at a renowned multinational food chain restaurant on Tuesday, local media reported.
FIA officials informed the media that they had earlier received a complaint from Sobia Atif against the accused for harassing and blackmailing her with inappropriate photos in exchange for money and sexual favours.
FIA received a tip-off saying that the accused would arrive at the restaurant in Faisalabad to hand over the personal data to the victim in exchange for Rs 1.5 million.
FIA successfully launched a raid and arrested the suspect, besides retrieving the personal data from Amir’s mobile phones. A case was filed against the accused.
- PTI’s Haleem Adil Sheikh confirms marriage to MPA Dua Bhutto11:09 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran inaugurates Digital Media Development Program for youth10:59 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Pakistani forces kill six terrorists during Balochistan operation09:44 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Indian song 'Mehendi' is a copy of iconic Pakistani song 'Gagar'03:46 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Firdous Jamal's comments about Mahira Khan, Osman Khalid trigger ...03:24 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer's wedding festivities kickstart03:18 PM | 24 Sep, 2021