PM Nawaz Sharif steps down; federal cabinet stands dissolved
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has resigned from his post following the verdict of the Supreme Court, while Federal cabinet stands dissolved, PML-N spokesman said on Friday.
Flags, ministerial staff and official vehicles have been removed.
Earlier, the Supreme Court of Pakistan ordered the disqualification of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and Finance Minister Ishaq Dar.
Announcing their verdict in the Panama Papers case, all five judges ruled to send a reference against the premier, his three children and others to an accountability court.
The court ordered the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) to file a reference against the accused in an accountability court in six weeks and directed for the trial to be wrapped up within six months.
- Man attempts to throw eggs at Sheikh Rasheed in Sargodha01:27 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- US peace envoy Khalilzad updates Pakistan's FM Qureshi about talks ...08:46 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Lawyers' vandalism causes damage of Rs70 million to cardiology ...07:22 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran felicitates UK's Boris Johnson over resounding election ...06:46 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Thank you so much for 3 million followers: Imran Abbas04:53 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Matrix 4 to clash with John Wick 4 as both films get same release date04:33 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Faysal Quraishi raises Rs 3 million for charity01:56 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019