Stagnant rainwater injurious to cotton
FAISALABAD - Stagnant rainwater is harmful to cotton crops, therefore farmers should immediately drain out it from fields.
According to the spokesman of Agriculture department here on Sunday, rainwater has a salutary impact on rice, cotton and fodder crops but it is very injurious for cotton crops if it accumulated in a cotton field for more than 24 hours.
If rainwater became stagnant in the cotton field for more than 48 hours, it causes the death of the cotton plants, he said and advised the farmers to immediately drain out the stagnant rainwater from cotton fields.
- Rain stops second day of 1st Test match with Sri Lanka at 222 against ...10:55 AM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Lawyers, doctors on strike after PIC clash10:30 AM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Infinix grand reward for its customers to celebrate Blessed Week10:26 AM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Stern action to be taken against violent lawyers, says Punjab Health ...09:30 AM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Rangers troops deployed in Lahore after lawyers ransack hospital11:30 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Beyoncé & Kelly Rowland were sexually harassed as teens by Jagged ...06:57 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Ed Sheeran declared as the UK’s artist of the decade06:26 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019