Stagnant rainwater injurious to cotton
FAISALABAD - Stagnant rainwater is harmful to cotton crops, therefore farmers should immediately drain out it from fields.
According to the spokesman of Agriculture department here on Sunday, rainwater has a salutary impact on rice, cotton and fodder crops but it is very injurious for cotton crops if it accumulated in a cotton field for more than 24 hours.
If rainwater became stagnant in the cotton field for more than 48 hours, it causes the death of the cotton plants, he said and advised the farmers to immediately drain out the stagnant rainwater from cotton fields.
- Palestinian-Israeli conflict: Pakistan urges UN to play its central ...12:31 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Cameras installed in Islamabad police uniforms to improve performance11:51 AM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Petition filed by woman to halt the finale of Mere Paas Tum Ho11:46 AM | 23 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019