CJP Khosa vows to bring back truth in courts
Hearing a review petition on a murder case, the top judge observed that people who can't dare to speak the truth should not demand justice.
The chief justice remarked that suspects are released from jails on false testimonies and then the judiciary is blamed for this travesty of justice.
'There is no justice without truth,' the top judge remarked and quoted Quranic verse to bolster his point.
"Truth is spoken because of Allah's commandment. Allah has directed us to speak the truth even if it goes against parents, siblings or close associates," the chief justice remarked.
The apex court bench led by the chief justice later dismissed the review petition filed by victim Tariq Mehmood's brother.
- Pakistan’s ‘best bank' denies trans rights activist an account ...11:52 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan Air Force chief meets Turkish defence industries head11:22 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Woman accusing Babar Azam of sexual abuse says video of her ...11:08 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Punjab CM Buzdar lays foundation stone of Sheikhupura-Gujranwala road10:45 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- US threatens India with sanctions over purchase of Russian S-400 air ...10:39 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Selena Gomez shares the reason behind calling out Mark Zuckerberg ...07:32 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 30th birthday04:22 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Details of Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's wedding revealed03:58 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- #2020InReview – Pakistan's initiatives in the year 202010:55 PM | 4 Jan, 2021