ECP orders release of two detained candidates of North Waziristan
A three-member election commission bench head by Chief Election Commissioner Justice Sardar Raza heard the petition of the two detained tribal candidates Arif Wazir and Iqbal Mehsud and ruled that only the district monitoring officer is authorized to take any action against the candidates after the issuance of election schedule.
The bench maintained that the respective institutions can take action on the FIR once the election is completed.
The arrest of the candidates during the electioneering comes in the domain of pre-poll rigging, the bench argued. It merits to mention here that both the candidate were put behind the bar by district administration under 3-MPO for raising anti state slogans and hatred speeches.
It is further mention that the elections on 16 general seats of KP Assembly from merged areas are due for July 20.
- 'Dollars will rain on the ground from a helicopter...' Pakistani ...11:48 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Senate resolution condemns misleading Google, Wikipedia search ...11:21 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Senate passes resolution against circulation of fake currency notes ...11:09 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Winter Sports Festival concludes in Naltar; GB Scouts and PAF ...10:53 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- COAS Bajwa, ISI chief call on PM Imran in Islamabad10:35 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Pehli Si Muhabbat crosses 2.2 million views in just one day after ...07:28 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- #Cannoli – Islamabad café rebrands its logo after facing severe ...07:14 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Bollywood pours in best wishes for Mrs. and Mr. Varun Dhawan06:50 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021