PIA to acquire three A-330s from Sri Lanka
CEO, Bernd Hildenbrand signed the contract with Chairman of Sri Lankan Airlines, Ajith Dias and CEO Capt. Suren Ratwatte, said a press release received today.
The contract materialized after a series of negotiations between the two sides.
The first of the 3 aircraft would be delivered during the next week, and the rest in the following months.
The aircraft are in brand new condition and will be used for PIA Premier, which aims to give passengers a better experience in a bid to regain market share for PIA.
PIA Premier is scheduled for launch on August 14, initially only to London.
There will be six weekly Premier service flights to London, including three from Islamabad and three from Lahore. Later, with the addition of more aircraft, the service will be expanded to other destinations.
Chairman, Azam Saigol appreciated the efforts of the PIA team led by Hildenbrand in finalizing the contract for the three additional planes.
- Hilarious memes flood Twitter after Pakistan end losing streak ...12:58 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- IHC terms TikTok ban as ‘violation of constitutional rights’12:35 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- ‘Don't get overexcited’, Babar Azam tells teammates after ...11:53 AM | 25 Oct, 2021
- ‘Reach Every Door’ Covid vaccination drive begins in Punjab today11:24 AM | 25 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran to address Riyadh conference to promote trade, investment in ...10:59 AM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Waqar Zaka advises Shah Rukh Khan to settle in Pakistan07:00 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Shahveer Jafry ties the knot with Ayesha Baig in enchanting ceremony03:30 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Shahroz Sabzwari reacts to his shirtless viral video01:30 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021