Freedom of Indian-occupied Kashmir "national objective": Foreign Office
At a weekly press briefing, Foreign Office Spokesman Nafees Zakaria told news persons that the Kashmir issue would be "the core issue in any (broad spectrum) dialogue with India, whenever it takes place."
“Kashmir is our national objective” and Pakistan will continue to support the Kashmiri right to self-determination, he declared.
“Pakistan has a principle position on the issue of Kashmir, which is to continue extending moral, political and diplomatic support to Kashmiris for their demand of implementation of UN Security Council resolutions,” he said.
The spokesman went on to say that the presence of 800,000 Indian security personnel in Kashmir proved Pakistan's claim that India wanted to exercise power in the region, contrary to the wishes of its residents.
“India’s efforts to misguide international community and portraying of Kashmiris’ indigenous movement as an act of terrorism will never succeed,” he stressed.
“The people in Jammu and Kashmir have been struggling for last 68 years for their just right as Indian government is indulging in state-terrorism,” he added.
- PDM announces anti-government protests over rising inflation, poverty10:01 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Hindu extremists force Muslim girl to take off hijab in India (VIDEO)09:36 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup 2021 – Bangladesh opt to field first against Scotland07:52 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new dance video goes viral05:43 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Aryan Khan vows to make NCB proud after getting out of jail05:27 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Dananeer Mobeen wins fans’ hearts with soulful voice (VIDEO)04:20 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021