Is Pakistan a potential buyer for Ukrainian anti-tank missile system?
ISLAMABAD/KYIV – Pakistan is reportedly a potential buyer for a new anti-tank guided missile (ATGM) system produced by a leading Ukrainian defence company that has an operation range of three kilometres with ‘phenomenal accuracy’.
According to the Defence Blog website, Pakistan Army Chief, General Qamar Javed Bajwa, visited a Military Test Site in the Kharkiv region of Ukraine last month where he witnessed field tests of various combat vehicles, including the latest anti-tank missile systems.
The website stated that the Pakistani army chief showed interest in test performance of the Ukrainian modern weapon system, especially Oplot tank and the Skif anti-tank system. The Pakistani dignitaries witnessed the demonstration at HT military range in the Eastern European country.
Meanwhile, a post by a Ukrainian defence company on social media cited ‘PD-2 UAV automatic takeoff and landing, operating under heavy rain and strong wind at the speed of 10 m/s, and surveillance of ATGM hitting a target at a 2 km distance – that and more in our brand new video.’
Gen Bajwa, during his visit to Ukraine, said, "Pakistan is keen on enhancing defence cooperation with Ukraine based on the transfer of modern tech and joint ventures as both countries could benefit from each other's experience."
...”def cooperation between both countries has always been traditionally an imp component of our bilateral relations. Pak is keen 2 enhance def cooperation with Ukraine on the basis of TOT & JV in future as both sides can benefit from each other's experience”. COAS (2/2)— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) May 20, 2021
The COAS also met the Ukrainian prime minister and the top military leadership. During these meetings, matters of mutual interest, regional security situation, Afghan peace process and enhanced bilateral and defence cooperation in various fields came under discussion.
Pakistan attaches great importance to furthering ... 08:16 PM | 20 May, 2021
RAWALPINDI – Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa said that Pakistan attaches great importance to ...
The two sides agreed to boost military-to-military ties, particularly in defence production, training, counterterrorism and intelligence domains.
- Naftali Bennett brings Netanyahu's 12-year rule to an end, takes over ...01:29 AM | 14 Jun, 2021
- ISPR releases first episode of military reality show ‘60 Hours to ...11:43 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Congress leader's pro-Kashmir remarks draw criticism from BJP09:06 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan condemns Indian army for killing another three Kashmiris07:39 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan felicitates UK on Queen’s 95th official birthday07:02 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Hira Mani opens up about supporting Asim Azhar during recent ...05:40 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic leaves fans stunned with sizzling beach ...03:37 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Tiger Shroff’s mother Ayesha wishes Disha Patani on her birthday12:49 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021