Motorway police blamed for Bahawalpur oil tanker tragedy
According to an investigative report, the police personnel were changing their shifts and the officials of the first shift left their positions well before the second shift could take over their duties.
The report that has been forwarded to Chief Minister Punjab SHehbaz Sharif revealed that the incident would not have taken place if the motorway police had cordoned off the incident site thwarting bid of locals to collect spilled fuel.
It further added that the local SHO and assistant commissioner Ahmedpur Sharqia also reached the scene late.
Over 200 burnt to death, 100 injured as oil ... 09:17 AM | 25 Jun, 2017
BAHAWALPUR - At least 200 people were burnt to death while around 100 others were left injured as an oil ...
On Wednesday, the driver of the oil tanker also succumbed to his burn wounds, along with another injured person, taking the death toll to 164. Earlier, on Tuesday the bodies of 125 victims of the oil tanker fire incident were laid to rest in Ramzan Joiya village, Ahmedpur East.
After the accident, scores of villagers from basti Ramzan Joiya reached the site and started filling their containers with leaking fuel, however, the fuel soon burst into flames.
Eyewitnesses said some people in the vicinity were smoking cigarettes, which could have ignited the deadly fire.
- Pakistan set to launch first-ever national emigration policy08:24 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- SBP key policy rate remains unchanged at 13.25 percent05:15 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019