Motorway police blamed for Bahawalpur oil tanker tragedy
According to an investigative report, the police personnel were changing their shifts and the officials of the first shift left their positions well before the second shift could take over their duties.
The report that has been forwarded to Chief Minister Punjab SHehbaz Sharif revealed that the incident would not have taken place if the motorway police had cordoned off the incident site thwarting bid of locals to collect spilled fuel.
It further added that the local SHO and assistant commissioner Ahmedpur Sharqia also reached the scene late.
Over 200 burnt to death, 100 injured as oil ... 09:17 AM | 25 Jun, 2017
BAHAWALPUR - At least 200 people were burnt to death while around 100 others were left injured as an oil ...
On Wednesday, the driver of the oil tanker also succumbed to his burn wounds, along with another injured person, taking the death toll to 164. Earlier, on Tuesday the bodies of 125 victims of the oil tanker fire incident were laid to rest in Ramzan Joiya village, Ahmedpur East.
After the accident, scores of villagers from basti Ramzan Joiya reached the site and started filling their containers with leaking fuel, however, the fuel soon burst into flames.
Eyewitnesses said some people in the vicinity were smoking cigarettes, which could have ignited the deadly fire.
- Pakistan President "filled with remorse" for using Governor House as ...09:02 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Karachi University declares BCom Part II Annual Exams 2020 result ...08:40 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Punjab Governor announces to contest next general elections08:21 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- AJK Election Commission reviews amendments in Local Government act08:02 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Global efforts needed for economic uplift of Afghanistan, says COAS ...07:48 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Mahira Khan receives flak for glorifying emotionally abusive ...04:06 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Deepika Padukone stuns in a gorgeous saree by Pakistani designer04:58 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- ‘Jinne Lahore nahi wekhiya’ – Sania Mirza leaves fans awestruck ...04:30 PM | 30 Nov, 2021