Motorway police blamed for Bahawalpur oil tanker tragedy
According to an investigative report, the police personnel were changing their shifts and the officials of the first shift left their positions well before the second shift could take over their duties.
The report that has been forwarded to Chief Minister Punjab SHehbaz Sharif revealed that the incident would not have taken place if the motorway police had cordoned off the incident site thwarting bid of locals to collect spilled fuel.
It further added that the local SHO and assistant commissioner Ahmedpur Sharqia also reached the scene late.
Over 200 burnt to death, 100 injured as oil ... 09:17 AM | 25 Jun, 2017
BAHAWALPUR - At least 200 people were burnt to death while around 100 others were left injured as an oil ...
On Wednesday, the driver of the oil tanker also succumbed to his burn wounds, along with another injured person, taking the death toll to 164. Earlier, on Tuesday the bodies of 125 victims of the oil tanker fire incident were laid to rest in Ramzan Joiya village, Ahmedpur East.
After the accident, scores of villagers from basti Ramzan Joiya reached the site and started filling their containers with leaking fuel, however, the fuel soon burst into flames.
Eyewitnesses said some people in the vicinity were smoking cigarettes, which could have ignited the deadly fire.
- 'Thank You': Afghan minister acknowledges Pakistan's 40 years of ...11:43 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Refugee Conference: UN ready to participate in Afghan reconciliation ...11:30 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- LHC summons DG Rescue-1122 over plea challenging his reappointment10:48 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- UN resolutions on Kashmir need implementation, UNSG Guterres tells ...09:39 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- realme Pakistan teases one of the much-awaited entry-level ...08:55 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Riz Ahmed to debut play about his 'toxic breakup' with UK12:27 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Shaniera Akram shares her experience of working in debut film11:58 AM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Jaafar Jackson is amazed by Pakistani hospitality during visit11:55 AM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019