Civil, military intelligence-based operations to be conducted in Punjab: Sanaullah
While talking to media persons, Sanaullah said action would be taken jointly by all law enforcing agencies, adding that some areas of “kacha” have been identified where operations will be launched by police, elite force and the counter-terrorism department, and if need be Rangers and Army will be called in.
“As 5,221 people were initially rounded up from different parts of Punjab out of which 5,005 have been released after verification of their documents,” Rana Sanaullah said. However, 216 suspects are still under custody for further investigation, he added.
At least, 56 IBOs were carried out by the Punjab police whereas 16 raids conducted by the counter-terrorism department, Sanaullah said.
- Ferozsons Laboratories salutes Healthcare Heroes by lighting National ...11:52 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Pakistan Army captain among three soldiers martyred in Waziristan ...11:02 PM | 5 May, 2021
- 100 DG Khan students graduate from US-funded English Access program10:09 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Negligence in serving expats unacceptable, PMImran tells Pakistani ...09:49 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartwarming video from her Baat Paki celebration02:50 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Nazish Jahangir sheds light on the controversy with Mohsin Abbas ...02:10 PM | 5 May, 2021