Civil, military intelligence-based operations to be conducted in Punjab: Sanaullah
While talking to media persons, Sanaullah said action would be taken jointly by all law enforcing agencies, adding that some areas of “kacha” have been identified where operations will be launched by police, elite force and the counter-terrorism department, and if need be Rangers and Army will be called in.
“As 5,221 people were initially rounded up from different parts of Punjab out of which 5,005 have been released after verification of their documents,” Rana Sanaullah said. However, 216 suspects are still under custody for further investigation, he added.
At least, 56 IBOs were carried out by the Punjab police whereas 16 raids conducted by the counter-terrorism department, Sanaullah said.
- Pakistan reduces import of Ozone depleting substances to 50pc11:52 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Opposition announces Pakistan Democratic Movement against ...11:34 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Khobragade's posting at Indian HC incommensurate with Pakistan's ...11:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020