Khadijah Shah celebrates success of Élan Lawn 2016 in Lahore
Speaking about Élan Lawn 2016, designer Khadijah Shah has said; “There is a common misconception that Lawn is boring. I don't think that at all. As a designer, Lawn is where all the action really lies. It's what most Pakistani women wear in the summer, as it’s the only breathable garment in our sweltering heat. To conceive, implement and execute a truly fashionable look in a weightless fabric, and versatile form, is an arduous task for even the most gifted designers. The challenge of making it better each year is what my team and I thrive upon. This year's lawn is unlike any other lawn we have ever made. I am truly proud to bring to you our S/S 2016 collection and hope that you will enjoy wearing it just as much.”
The Marrakech themed evening, inspired by the campaign shoot location itself, featured a live Jazz band with unique thematic installations as conceptualized by Shazreh Khalid of Z&S Events who also managed the event. The evening was attended by celebrities, socialites and media personalities alike. Public Relations for the event was handled by Lotus PR.
Available in 15 distinct designs, each in 2 colour-ways, for Élan Lawn 2016, Khadijah Shah has engaged a unique approach to design development, introducing meticulous detailing not typically found in conventional lawn prints. Each print has been artistically conceptualized and designed with diverse elements coming together to form complete compositions. Shah has mixed vivacious prints with traditional embroideries and taken inspiration from countless exciting places, objects and textures. The colors are vibrant, the compositions are imaginative, yet the form remains as wearable as ever. It’s luxe enough to translate easily from day-time dressing to night-time; it all depends on the individual’s personal style. With the campaign concept, creative direction and editing by NFK photography, the shoot features international model Nidhi Sunil as the face of Élan Lawn 2016 with make-up by Omayr Waqar and styling by Maha Burney, Meher Bano Qureshi and Mahnum Kabir.
Photo Credits: Faisal Faroouqi and team at Dragon Fly
- Realme “RACE” coming up with powerful, fast speed Qualcomm ...02:03 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- What happened in the night when the young man married a 20-year-old ...12:46 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Eighth Pakistani player tests positive for coronavirus, confirms PCB11:33 AM | 2 Dec, 2020
- 40pc Pakistanis 'unhappy' with PM Imran’s current performance: ...10:53 AM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Punjab records highest single-day COVID-19 deaths on December 110:14 AM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020