NEPRA approves Rs4.36 per unit cut in power tariff
The reduction in power tariff has been made under Fuel Adjustment Surcharge (FAS) head for the month of February.
Hearing a CPPA petition on Tuesday, the NEPRA authorities accorded approval to reduce power tariff by Rs 4.36 per unit. The reduction will not be applicable to K-Electric consumers and the domestic and agricultural consumers who are using electricity up to 300 units per month.
Prices of furnace oil have declined considerably therefore reduction in power tariff has been approved. The power distribution companies will get relief to the tune of Rs 14 billion.
In a statement, the NEPRA said that 6.20 billion units electricity was sold out during the month of February.
- On the Wrong Side of History11:18 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Pakistani diplomat, family injured in India accident10:13 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Younis Khan turns 4309:46 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Islamabad plans open-air cinema for safe entertainment09:26 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020