Twitter abuzz with sarcastic tweets as #EgyptAir hijacking turns out to be a 'love affair'
According to Egyptian officials, the plane hijacker was an Veterinary Professor at a university in Alexandria and wanted to meet his ex-wife who was residing in Cyprus. Ironically, the Egyptian Aviation Minister also couldn't preclude himself to say "he is not a terrorist, he is an idiot."
Hundred and thousands others also took it to micro-blogging website Twitter to share their sarcastic thoughts about the 'love of a divorcee.' Some called hijacking new 'love metre' and several others related the incident with historic tales of love.
Here Are Some Selected Tweets:
The man who hijacked a plane to deliver a letter to his ex-wife obviously hasn't heard of Bhagyashree's pigeon. #EgyptAir
— Ray Ban (@Purba_Ray) March 29, 2016
There is man hijacking planes for the woman he loves (#EgyptAir).
Next year Valentines Day just red roses will not do.
— Rashi Kakkar (@rashi_kakkar) March 29, 2016
“He’s not a terrorist, he’s an idiot." - actual statement from Egypt foreign ministry. #EgyptAir
— Jeff Semple (@JeffSempleGN) March 29, 2016
When a guy hijacks a plane to see his ex-wife and I can't even get a boy to text me back ? #EgyptAir
— Xainab Mobin (@zainabmobin) March 29, 2016
When getting a new wife is tougher than hijacking #EgyptAir.... !!
— Rajan Lodha (@RajanLodha) March 29, 2016
— Frase (@missscottfraser) March 29, 2016
Thrilling Love Story
He; "I can do anything for ya"
She; "Oky Prove it"
A day later
News; "EgyptAir Plane has been hijacked"#EgyptAir ?
— Emad Khan (@emad_arshad) March 29, 2016
Nailed It !
— Sir Javed Miandad (@SirJohnRoe) March 29, 2016
— BBC SPORT (@BBCSPERT) March 29, 2016
For a change a hijacking took place for love instead of hate. Don't punish the hijacker. Just charge him for the fuel.#EgyptAir
— Khalid Munir (@Khalid_Munir) March 29, 2016
#EgyptAir Now my Girlfriend wants to know if i can Hijack a Space Shuttle for Love.
— Dr.Raj Mehta (@raj333mehta) March 29, 2016
I won't believe I am in love unless I decide to hijack a plane and demand to meet the girl. Not even kidding. #EgyptAir
— Zayaan (@ZayaanAhmed) March 29, 2016
New marketing tag line for DHL & Fedex: We deliver your letters swiftly so you don't have to hijack a plane to do it. #EgyptAir
— Papa CJ (@PapaCJ) March 29, 2016
If you've got dimples and beautiful eyes,I will definitely hijack a plan for you #EgyptAir
— Ricky (@RickyIKian) March 29, 2016
Bet plane hijackers ex is one ugly bint too,not worth any of the effort. #EgyptAir
— Alan Haswell (@Hasy461) March 29, 2016
Meanwhile the Egyptian officials have said that they were also investigating if the weapons carried by hijacker were real or not.
Now after having read the whole article, you need to read this as well. And it's kind of much serious.
All jokes aside; the fact the #EgyptAir hijacker was able execute this is highly disturbing. We're lucky it wasn't real terrorist attack.
— Ryan Heybourn (@ryanheybourn) March 29, 2016
- Punjab to launch crackdown on religious hate literature11:38 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Govt to issue Sukuk bonds against Islamabad’s Fatima Jinnah Park: ...10:52 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Sana Fakhar responds to social media backlash after bold pics with ...09:28 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Saudi Arabia, Morocco to receive ‘made in India’ Covid vaccine ...08:36 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Urdu Mushaira held against #CannoliOwners outside Islamabad café07:51 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Meera reveals the date of her wedding; who is she marrying?05:32 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021