Brawl erupts between PTI, PML-N workers in Karachi
According to local media, supporters were abusing and chanting slogans against each other, while incident of thrashing also happened.
The incident occurred when PTI workers were going to join the rally and PML-N supporters were demonstrating in favour of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.
Heavy contingents of police have been deployed to handle any violent situation in Karachi.
Today, PTI chairman Imran Khan is set to lead a “Huqooq-e-Karachi march” to highlight the problems being faced the the people of the metropolis.
The PTI chief has arrived in Karachi where he spoke to reporters. Khan said that he was visiting Karachi for keeping his promise of visiting it after Panama case.
Imran Khan also released a video massage to mobilise the people for joining the march in order to raise voice for their rights. The walk would begin from the mausoleum of Quaid-e-Azam.
“The purpose of the march is to highlight the problems facing Karachi on a daily basis, and to pressurise the government to solve them,” he said in the message.
He expressed anger over the shortage of civic amenities in the city including power load shedding despite the extreme heat, water shortage, and the garbage and waste disposal problems.
Urging the people, he said that issues cannot be resolved until people and civil society play their role actively.
- realme C25Y makes a comeback on an amazing price of Rs28,99904:35 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- IHC larger bench discharges contempt notice against ex-PM Imran Khan02:15 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Shahnawaz Amir’s remand extended in Sarah Inam murder case01:34 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- CM Pervez Elahi inaugurates Punjab Ehsaas Rashan Riayat Programme12:47 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...11:53 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ali Sethi and Shae Gill take 'Pasoori' to live concert in London07:00 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Naimal Khawar's post workout glow leaves fans stunned09:02 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Hira Mani and Rahim Pardesi's new song 'Mera Naam' is out now08:35 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022