Illegal lawmakers active for lawmaking
The ECP had suspended the membership of the legislators, including PML-F leader Nusrat Sahar Abbasi, PPP’s Mukesh Kumar Chawla, Javed Nagori, Ghazala Sial and others for failing to submit their statements of assets and liabilities with the ECP.
They are also being given allowances and salaries, while no one is taking action against them.
According to the law, all the lawmakers are required to submit statements of assets and liabilities of their own, their spouses and dependants with the ECP before September 30 each year. The ECP is supposed to issue a notification by October 15 to suspend the membership of those legislators who fail to do so by the last date (September 30).
- OIC resolution calls upon Israel to stop rights violations, terrorism ...09:52 PM | 16 May, 2021
- PIA plane carrying 1 million doses of Sinovac vaccine lands in ...08:49 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Biden phones Netanyahu, Abbas as death toll in Israeli airstrikes on ...07:54 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Cyclone Tauktae – Heavy rains kill 4, affect over 42,000 in Sri ...06:14 PM | 16 May, 2021
- US forces leave key Afghanistan military base05:22 PM | 16 May, 2021
- ‘New beginnings’ – Ghana Ali all set to tie the knot01:19 PM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 9 million Insta followers in style10:06 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021